Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 Day Challenge- Day 7 and 8

Day 7
A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

 photo by my sister-in-law Andrea who would love to take your baby's picture, too! Check her out here.
I don’t think that this should come as a surprise to any of you, but I think I’m going to have to go with my daughter. She is almost 1, and I still catch myself being surprised at the fact that I have a daughter. We were at the store the other day, and the woman who checked us out said, “You girls have a nice day.” I have a little girl. Sometimes it catches me off guard. A few weeks ago, Spencer and I were both getting dinner ready in the kitchen. Abby never used to go into the kitchen because she was content to play with her toys in the next room, but of course she has been moving for a while now. She crawled in and started slapping the floor and babbling. We looked down at her, and Spencer said, “There’s a baby in the kitchen. That’s our baby.” I wonder how crazy I sound right now- has anyone else thought this, or am I a weirdo?

I could write so much more about my feelings for her. She is my little baby girl.

Day 8

Short term goals for this month and when you'll accomplish them

I have a lot to do this month- we need to have some work done on our car (which is why there has been such a delay in my posting), and I hope to do that this week. I am planning on it taking several days, unfortunately.

I have to plan for Abby’s small birthday party, too! So small in fact, that it will be just the three of us on her actual birthday (unless anyone wants to come and celebrate with us?) but we will be getting together with Spencer’s family on Easter, just 4 days after her birthday (my family that lives in UT will be out of town). On her actual birthday I want to do something fun with her during the day- if it’s nice we’ll go to the park or something and that night we want to let her open presents and have cake and ice cream.

Along the same lines as Ab’s birthday, I am making her a birthday onesie that may possibly turn into an entire outfit, depending on if I have enough time. I am excited about it, and I love using my sewing machine so much.

I need to put away all of Abby’s baby clothes- that has been a goal of mine for a while as her growing pile of too-small clothes is taking up space on my bedroom floor. I decided to give myself until her birthday to get it all boxed up.

Another baby thing- we need to get Ab a new car seat soon. She's only a few pounds away from outgrowing her infant car seat. Any suggestions?

On top of all the little things that we need to do this month, I am working quite a lot this month. Both a blessing and a curse...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my she is going to be a year old?!!! Where did the time go? Chloe and I would love to hang out with you guys on her birthday! :)

    As for suggestions on car seats, we got a Graco. Not to expensive and not to cheap, but is pretty sturdy and very cushioned. :)

    I hear Brittax is a good one too. Most expensive but they are suppose to be be everything a toddler needs. ;)

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome enough to comment