Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tagged- 30 Day Challenge

So my friend Ashley tagged me, and although I suspect that only about 4 people look at this blog, I am doing it. Cause I have to. She tagged me.
30 Day Challenge
Each day of the month, write a blog post according to these guidelines below:

Day 1-Recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 2-The meaning behind your Blog name
Day 3-A picture of you and your friends
Day 4-A habit that you wish you didn't have
Day 5-A picture of somewhere you've been
Day 6-Favorite super hero and why
Day 7-A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 8-Short term goals for this month and when you'll accomplish them
Day 9-Something you're proud of in the past few days
Day 10-Songs you listen to when you're bored, happy, sad, mad, hyped
Day 11-Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12-How you found out about blogger and why you have one
Day 13-A letter to someone who has hurt you recently
Day 14-'A picture of you and your family
Day 15-Put your ipod or shuffle on-first 10 songs that play
Day 16-Another picture of yourself
Day 17-Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
Day 18-Plans/dreams/goals you have
Day 19-Nicknames you have and why you have them
Day 20-Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future
Day 21-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 22-What makes you different from everyone else
Day 23-Something you crave for a lot
Day 24-A letter to your parents
Day 25-What I would find in your bag
Day 26-What do you think about your friends
Day 27-Why you are doing this 30 day challenge
Day 28-A picture of you from last year and now-how have you changed?
Day 29-In this past month, what have you learned?
Day 30-Your favorite song

******I may not actually be able to do these every day, but I'll try.
Abs and I after church last Sunday (one of the most recent pictures of me on my computer right now). Matchy matcy!
15 Facts you may or may not know about me
1. I love bread. I once had to go on a diet for 6 weeks where I couldn't eat any wheat, dairy, anything with partially hydrogenated oils, or anything commercially packaged. While that left me eating only fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat, which was sort of awesome, after 6 weeks of that I learned how much I love bread. And we haven't been apart since.
2. I was baptized in the Pacific Ocean.
3. I didn't get my driver's license until 2007. (I took Driver's Ed at BYU in 2003). I just passed my 4 year anniversary on St. Patrick's Day, thank you very much. Please don't be afraid to drive with me now.
4. I was cast at Tiny Tim in a community-wide play when I was in 5th grade. They needed a girl because I had to sing a high G. I used to be in quite a few plays and musicals in elementary school, and junior high. I sang a lot in those parts. I don't sing now. I don't know why I was ever cast in those rolls, either, because I realize now that I really couldn't sing.
5. I am really good at those crane machines (at least I used to be) where you grab a stuffed animal with the claw. Incidentally, Spencer is/was too.
6. I don't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I don't know why. I like peanut butter just fine, and I like jam okay on scones or something. I like bread (see #1.) I just don't like them all together.
7. My husband Spencer is my first boyfriend.
8. I used to love to build forts outside with my siblings (especially Robbie, my brother- we'd build awesome ones out of palm fronds) and I loved it even more when we'd get caught in the rain.
9. I love to read. I'll often re-read the same books over and over again, too.
10. I didn't go on my first date until I was 18 years old. It was the summer after I graduated high school, and he asked my cousin if he could ask me out. I had never met him before. After the date we went back to his house and watched Miracle on 34th Street. In August. I can only assume it was because he didn't want to create any awkwardness with a movie that had anything remotely suggestive in it.
11. Rhoad Dahl was my favorite author when I was younger.
12. I have been left "home alone" twice- once when I still lived in Orange County, CA and I was about 3 or 4. We were going on a trip to Bakersfield to see my grandmother and I got out of the car (per my parent's request to go to the bathroom one more time) and when I came outside, they were gone. I remember walking up and down the driveway crying and asking for my grandma. The second time was in Colorado while my family was staying with a family we were friends with. Everyone was supposed to go to the mall or something, and I was in a bedroom reading, and they left without me. I was about 13 or so, and I never even noticed they were gone (see #9, 11.)
13. I was selected as a volunteer to teach an art class one summer back from college to a bunch of elementary and junior high students. I loved it.
14. My water broke (with Abby, obviously) right outside the doctor's office, minutes after being told to "work on having that baby." I was walking down the stairs of the office as it happened. We suspect the doctor is to blame.
15. I am a little bit of a pyro- I like to watch things burn (fireplace, candles, etc.)

That's all for now!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! Can't wait to read more :)

    xoxo
    Christine
    www.aquietdetermination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your facts are so cool. Holy moly youve only been driving for 4 years?? So you were to driving when I met you in VA? How funny! I didn't even know. :). FUN! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome enough to comment