Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sleepy time

I took this video a few weeks ago, right around the time I was trying to figure out exactly when Abby needed to go town for her nap. She has been flirting with dropping her second nap for several months, and recently the last few weeks I've stopped trying to put her down for an afternoon nap because I know she just won't sleep.

This begs the question: when do I start the one long nap of the day? Do I put her down only an hour after I'd have put her down for her morning nap? Before lunch? After? Her tired cues changed from day to day. This resulted in a few fun days of me putting her down for a nap, Abby playing and resolutely not sleeping, taking her out and trying again a few hours later, just to have her play and not sleep again. Usually on those days, the third time was the charm and she finally napped after her two misses. We had a lot of un-productiveness on those days.

And on to the video. She was eating her lunch. I was doing dishes when I looked up and saw her. The camera is shaking because I couldn't stop laughing.


P.S. Cornbread. Cornbread everywhere. On face, in hair, on clothes, in crib.

2 comments:

  1. ok, i watched the part where she lifts up her head and smiles and waves like ten times. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, LOVE that sleepy smile in there!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome enough to comment