Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy almost Thanksgiving and a Flashback

 

Happy Thanksgiving, people. I hope you have a fantastic holiday. I will be seeing both parents and parents in law, and eating pie. What will you do?

It's fun seeing pictures of my daughter from last year, right? I think so. These are exactly one year old.



Love it.

I will be making this as well. I know it isn't very Thanksgiving-y, but this recipe is tried and true. Spencer loves it (he isn't a big pie fan, and he wants me to make this as often as I am willing.)



Banana Cream Pie

3/4 C sugar
1/3 C flour
1/4 t salt
2 C milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
2 T butter
1 1/4 t vanilla
4 bananas
graham cracker crust (either homemade or store bought)

In saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add milk gradually while stirring. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, till bubbly. Keep stirring, cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Beat egg yolks. Stir in small amount of hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Immediately add yolk mixture. Cook 2 more minutes on medium heat, stirring. Take off heat, add butter and vanilla. Stir till smooth consistency.
Slice bananas into pie crust. Top with pudding mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Serve with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome enough to comment