Thursday, December 15, 2011

Okay, people

I need to get serious. I haven't been very good at this blogging thing.

On Monday we went on a family date to the Gateway. We had a buy one get one voucher for Tucanos, so we had a lovely meal full of meat and pão de queijo.


We headed over to Temple Square after that to check out the lights, which is something that we haven't bothered to do for the last 3 years or so (mostly due to fear of being trampled by the crowd near the manger scene.)



This is the only picture I actually got with some lights in it. Abby was in the stroller most of the time, and as it turns out that while Monday night was a pretty good night to go- lighter foot traffic than I remember in the past- it is hard to get a good angle on a picture with both a kid in a stroller and lights on a tall tree.

So here is Spencer explaining the manger scene. We have a few books about the real reason for celebrating Christmas, and so I think she got the gist. Either that, or she is finally used to us saying the words "manger," "wise men," "donkey," and "shepherd" over and over again. She may also be a little confused about the Baby Jesus versus grown up Jesus... she already calls most babies "Abby," I wonder if she'll start calling them "Jesus" too?

Here is the real gem of the evening:


Fun fact: 8 years ago in that very spot- in front of the temple, sitting against the reflection pool, Spencer proposed to me at Christmastime. We were squashed between a pack of teenagers/college kids (when did I get too old to tell the difference between those two?) and a big family, and they all stared to watch as Spencer sunk down on one knee. I have to say I was a little embarrassed, and I quickly said yes and let him put the ring on me.  I am now embarrassed to admit that I was embarrassed, (I don't think it would have been less private unless there was also a spotlight on us) but we ended up okay!


The following is what happens when we justbarely miss our train and have to wait for the next one.



The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are awesome enough to comment