Sunday, October 16, 2011

Time for a Wreath

I kept seeing all of these wreaths on different blogs and on Pinterest, and I finally deluded myself into thinking that I could make one too. So I did!
Just fyi, my porch has terrible lighting. These pictures would have actually turned out better on my carpet inside with natural lighting than on the door with the flash, but whatev.


I started with some pipe insulation that I found at The Home Depot. I opted to buy the insulation there for $1.18 and cut it, and hot glue the ends together to the size I wanted rather than buy a wreath form at a store. The ones I saw at JoAnn weren't the size I wanted, but even if they were, they were around $6 to $8.

Wrap in burlap, embellish with yarn, and make felt flowers. You are done!
 


I sort of extemporized with the felt flowers and this is what I came up with.


I like it! It makes me feel fall-ish.

I made a mini Halloween wreath for our pantry door with the left over piping, too.



Linking up to Sugar and Dots, My Girlish Whims, 30 Handmade Days, (buttons on bar), 36th Avenue, and Made by You Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie it turned out so cute!! Both of them are adorable! I need to make an Autumn wreath because the one we have on our door is for Halloween. :) I love it! And don't you just love Pinterest?!

    ReplyDelete

You are awesome enough to comment